|Job Title||Advertising & Communications Specialist*|
|Location||Lafayette, LA*||*Position is based out of Lafayette, LA|
|Department||Corporate / Administrative & Support|
Job Opening - Advertising & Communications Strategist - Lafayette, LA
The advertising & communications strategist is responsible for development, execution and coordination of advertising and communications efforts with one or more divisions of Acadian Companies. The communications strategist will become knowledgeable with the division’s products, services, and branding and work closely with the division and the corporate marketing department to meet advertising and communications goals and objectives. The ideal candidate should have 3+ years of relevant experience working in either an agency or in-house advertising, communications or marketing setting.
A candidate must:
- Must have a B.A. or B.S. in marketing, communications or related field.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience working in either an agency or in-house advertising, communications or marketing setting.
- Have exceptional organizational skills, including being comfortable with working on multiple projects at one time.
- Be able to seamlessly shift priorities and tasks based on the changing needs of the divisions.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess the knowledge and experience to provide a deep level of strategic direction to meet the advertising, communications and marketing objectives of the division and the company.
- Be able to identify, through research and best practices, optimal placement and messaging platforms to effectively promote a product or service.
- Be able to evaluate advertising projects for marketing and sales effectiveness using analytics and other measurement tools.
- Possess strong brainstorming skills to generate new ideas and ensure proactive delivery of analysis, results, information, and insight to advance the division’s advertising, communications, and marketing efforts.
- Be able to write effective copy for print, editorial, advertising, and social media.
- Be able to manage and execute advertising projects within approved budget and timelines.
- Be able to develop and measure product promotional plans, advertising techniques, and sales procedures.
- Possess a familiarity with WordPress, Google Ads and Facebook Ad Manager.
- Have in-depth knowledge of email marketing principles with the ability to develop and execute email campaigns.
Regular Responsibilities and Tasks
A candidate is expected to:
- Work closely with the division’s product knowledge experts, marketing and sales teams, and others to align advertising and communications methods and strategies with the division’s marketing efforts and objectives.
- Serve as liaison between division(s) and the corporate marketing department to develop project schedules and timeframes and to coordinate the production of a wide range of advertising, collateral and communications projects. Be able to prioritize assignments and ensure deadlines are met.
- Assist in the development and deployment of the division’s brand identity, communications and advertising efforts to promote a product, service or overall corporate image.
- Develop and execute content marketing through various platforms such as social media channels, websites and email campaigns.
- Write copy and create content for emails, brochures, social media, website updates, publications, ads, newsletters, etc.
- Write press releases and media advisories.
- Schedule social media posts on multiple channels and monitor activity.
- Work with staff photographer for images, good knowledge of imagery and principles.
- Assist in developing storyboards, scripts and concepts for videos and commercials.
- Plan events.
- Analyze results of campaigns through Google Analytics, Facebook Insights and various other methods, and present the findings to division(s).
- Complete any other task assigned or requested by the division and approved by the VP of Marketing.
This position will close on Monday, August 26, 2019.