|Job Title||Education/Training Coordinator*|
|Location||Lafayette, LA*||*Position is based out of Lafayette, LA|
|Department||Corporate / Administrative & Support|
The National EMS Academy, a division of Acadian Ambulance, has an immediate opening for a full-time Education Coordinator at the Lafayette, Louisiana Campus. This position is responsible for the instruction of educational and practical skills for initial EMT, AEMT, Paramedic courses, and continuing education classes, predominantly taught online. Development and revision of existing instructional content while working with SMEs and NEMSA media development staff. This position will report to the Continuing Education Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and maintain distributive education content as required for EMT, AEMT and paramedic continuing education requirements.
- Deliver virtual instructor-led training (VILT) content as dictated by the continuing education schedule.
- Revise/review educational material to meet the current Commission on Accreditation for Pre-hospital Continuing Education (CAPCE) standards.
- Review/edit educational materials developed by other NEMSA authors/instructors.
- Collaborate with NEMSA media production staff in developing support materials for educational content.
- Participate in the creation of the continuing education training schedule.
- Respond to and resolve continuing education issues encountered by students participating in NEMSA sponsored CE training.
- Assist as a team member in NEMSA courses offered within the EMT and paramedic curricula.
- Assist with teaching BLS, ACLS, and PALS courses as needed.
- Prepare and coordinate skills training specific to EMT and paramedic training.
- Participate and assist with end of course testing of EMT and paramedic students.
- Assist when needed in the Acadian Ambulance new employee orientation process.
- Maintain all credentials required by the job.
- Maintain course completion records for all courses delivered.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of the Academy
- National and State certified paramedic. Experience functioning as a paramedic. A minimum of 2 years is preferred
- Associate degree preferred
- Instructor certification by Louisiana BEMS.
- Instructor certification in ACLS and BLS
- Instructor certification in Emergency Vehicle Operations as specified by the state of Mississippi.
- Typing skills, basic Microsoft Office program skills
- Use of basic Microsoft Office program, math, medical terminology, test preparation, curriculum development, operation of all medical equipment specified by the Louisiana Bureau of EMS.
- Ability to evaluate medical performance in class and on actual emergencies.