|Job Title||Administrative Assistant|
|Location||New Orleans, LA|
|Department||Corporate / Administrative & Support|
|Additional Information||M-F; 8am-5pm|
Acadian Companies is seeking a motivated, highly-organized individual for the position of Administrative Assistant to the Regional Vice-President. Work hours are Monday through Friday 8 am to 5 pm and the position will be located in Harahan, La.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Answer incoming calls; route message to appropriate staff member.
- Respond to questions and requests for information via incoming calls and e-mail.
- Generate memos, e-mails and reports when appropriate.
- Assume responsibility for maintenance of office equipment, including copy machine and printers when appropriate.
- Maintain office supplies and order items.
- Provide general administrative and clerical support including scanning, faxing and copying.
- Maintain electronic and hardcopy filing system.
- Open, sort, and distribute incoming mail.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects.
- Provide additional clerical support to other members of the Operations team.
- Other tasks as delegated at the discretion of the Regional Vice-President.
Skills / Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years of administrative office experience required; some college education preferred
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to meet deadlines, manage, and prioritize multiple tasks
- Excellent customer service skills and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills to communicate effectively, in verbal or written form, with employees, customers or the general public
- Proficient in the use of PC applications such as Microsoft Office products, (MS Word, MS Excel) and Google Docs.
- Highly-reliable attendance record