|Job Title||NEMSA Instructor*|
|Location||Beaumont,TX*||*Position is based out of Beaumont,TX|
|Department||National EMS Academy|
The National EMS Academy, a division of Acadian Ambulance, has an immediate opening for a full-time NEMSA Instructor at the Beaumont Texas Campus. This position is responsible for planning, delivering, and evaluating education for EMT/Paramedic and refresher/continuing education classes.
As the largest privately-held medical transportation company in the nation, we serve areas of Louisiana, Mississippi, and Texas with reliable cutting-edge technologies. With campuses throughout Louisiana and Texas, the National EMS Academy offers entry-level, continuing education, and refresher courses for a number of EMS career pathways, including EMTs and paramedics. We are a nationally-accredited EMS training facility and also an authorized American Heart Association Training Center for CPR and continuing education courses.
The National EMS Academy is dedicated to providing a positive learning experience for students, using a combination of classroom instruction and real-life simulation to create an exciting environment for learning.
Specific duties include:
- Curricula development and lesson planning
- Deliver course material to learners either locally or via the distance learning network
- Assist other faculty members as necessary in lesson delivery, skills instruction or student evaluation
- Evaluate the effectiveness of both lesson content and the educational delivery system (i.e. exams, practical evaluations, etc.)
- Maintain NEMSA equipment/supplies/property to assure safe and effective operation
- Participate in teams/committees
- Develop and maintain clinical affiliations
- Schedule, oversee, and evaluate learner clinical performance
- Counsel and remediate learners as required
- Maintain accurate/confidential records of student progress
- Coordinate and deliver standardized courses (i.e. ACLS, PALS, BLS, etc.)
- Maintain a working knowledge of the National Registry examination process
- Participate in scheduled on-call rotations and duties.
- National Registry Certified Paramedic
- Minimum of 5 years of clinical experience preferred
- Associate Degree or higher preferred
- Maintain state EMS instructor certifications and American Heart Association (BLS and ACLS)
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, organize and meet multiple concurrent deadlines independently
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Group Medical/Prescription
- Dental/Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan 401(k)/Roth/Employee Stock Ownership Program
- Basic Life/Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
- Vacation and Sick Leave
- Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability Insurance and other supplemental benefits
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Assistance Program
- Competitive Compensation/Holiday Pay
All interested candidates should apply online at www.acadian.com.
This position is set to close on November 30th, 2020.