|Job Title||Workers Compensation Coordinator*|
|Location||Lafayette,LA*||*Position is based out of Lafayette,LA|
Risk Management, a department of Acadian Companies, has an immediate opening for a new full-time Workers Compensation Coordinator in Lafayette, LA. This position will coordinate all aspects of workers’ compensation claims for Acadian Companies employees across multiple states and internationally.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES - This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed, to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, skills, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a general description of the essential duties and requirements typical to positions of this type and may be subject to change. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of laws regulating worker’s compensation and insurance coverage, along with interviewing and investigative skills
- Review all incident reports submitted for employee injuries
- Review requests for initial medical treatment and approve if applicable
- Decide how each claim should be opened with the insurance carrier or Third Party Administrator (TPA)
- Coordinate the administration of workers compensation claims
- Assist with claims investigation process when necessary or requested by carrier/TPA
- Review medical bills/reports on workers compensation claims
- Remain in contact with injured employees to stay informed of their current status
- Contact outside agencies re: procedures & requirements
- Remain in contact with assigned vendors
- Attend trials/depositions on behalf of the company when requested by Manager
- Continually inform Acadian management of claims status
- Attend seminars to ensure current knowledge of any changes or new laws
- Coordinate activities of claims/risk management assistant
- Assist TPA with subrogation on workers compensation claims
- Review loss/run reports from carrier/TPA
- Generate a variety of internal reports regarding work comp claims
- Ensure availability after hours to coordinate approvals with management or HSE
- Generate pre-injury wages information for carrier/TPA
- Generate weekly and bi-weekly timesheets for any employee out on work comp
- Other related activities at the request of Risk Manager or his/her supervisor
- HS Diploma; Bachelor’s degree preferred; industry experience may be considered as well.
- Workers’ compensation claim experience preferred.
- Exceptional organizational skills, including being comfortable with working on multiple projects at one time
- Proficient computer skills required, including Email, Excel, Word type platforms. Experience with the Google suite of products is a plus.
If interested, please complete an application and submit your resume at https://acadian.candidatecare.jobs/.