|Job Title||Computer Technician Intern*|
|Location||Austin,TX*||*Position is based out of Austin,TX|
|Department||Corporate / Administrative & Support|
Acadian Ambulance is currently seeking candidates for the Computer Technician Intern position available in Austin, Texas. The selected individual will provide computer technical support for employees, troubleshoot computer problems and implement solutions. Potential candidates should be prepared to commit to a working schedule of a minimum of 30 hours per two-week pay period, Monday - Friday, between the hours of 8 A.M. and 5 P.M. We are looking for someone who would like a long-term internship, possibly 18 - 24 months.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process Service Desk work orders and provide remote support to troubleshoot computer related issues
- Determine the source of computer problems (hardware, software, user access, etc.)
- Work one-on-one with staff on application projects
- Travel to other company locations, as needed
- Document resolutions for future reference
- Provide hardware and software installations
- Ability to conduct independent research with technical staff and subject matter experts
- Strong reading comprehension and active listening skills
- Ability to communicate complex information easily
- Ability to voice concerns and advise on possible solutions
- Ability to solve moderate to complex problems with minimal guidance by conducting independent research before seeking appropriate approval
- Interpret business requirements into technical and/or functional documentation and solutions
- Create technical documentation, as required
- Currently pursuing Bachelor's degree in Informatics required
- Current and valid state-issued driver’s license determined by appropriate state requirements required
- Obtain ITF+ certification within 6 months of hire date
- Obtain A+ certification within 12 months of hire date
- Possess intermediate knowledge of the Windows, Chrome, IOS operating systems.
- Excellent communication and customer relation skills.
- Ability to learn customized software.
- Possess strong organizational skills with a high degree of attention to detail.
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic and be able to work independently and with a team.
- Must be self-motivated and disciplined.
- Understands HIPAA guidelines.