|Job Title||Service Desk Specialist|
|Department||Corporate / Administrative & Support|
Job Opening – Service Desk Specialist – Austin, TX
The Information Systems department at Acadian Companies has a full-time opening for a Service Desk Specialist in Austin, TX. The help desk specialist is responsible for delivering end-to-end support in accordance with IT service level agreements. By partnering with end-users and technology groups, the specialist ensures all incidents are analyzed, resolved, and reported back within the promised timeframes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop service strategy to mitigate software, hardware, and networking issues
- Troubleshoot and resolve IT issues via phone, web, and in-person channels
- Take ownership of day-to-day tasks and ensure all incidents are resolved against SLAs
- Report on the health of the help desk and support using uptime and ticket-related performance metrics
- Partner with IT and business personnel to discuss the impact of incidents on products and services
- Track and report all open and closed incidents to leadership teams
- Develop business support standards, processes and procedures, and guidelines for incident management
- Evaluate trade-offs between issues using value, impact, and risk criteria
- Proactively learn and train other staff members on new product and service technologies
- Champion internal channels to proactively offer advice and help to peers on solving complex issues
- Travel to company locations as needed. (some overnight travel required)
- Maintain knowledge base by creating new articles and updating existing articles
- Minimum of an associate’s degree in computer systems or equivalent work experience as a computer support specialist
- Advanced knowledge of company supported applications. Ability to learn and support new applications.
- CompTIA ITF+ certification required within 6 months of employment.
- CompTIA A+ certification required within 12 months of employment.
Interested individuals should apply online at www.acadian.com