|Job Title||Student Outreach Specialist*|
|Location||All Locations,LA*||*Position is based out of Louisiana|
Student Outreach Specialist
Human Resources is seeking qualified candidates to perform student outreach efforts. The student outreach specialist will work with the human resources staff and recruiters to implement outreach initiatives to promote Acadian and the EMS profession within high schools and colleges. This is a full-time, exempt position located in Louisiana.
- Work with school districts / career & technical programs (superintendents, principals, instructors, college/career counselors) to maintain current EMT programs and introduce new EMT classes in schools that currently do not offer the curriculum.
- Builds relationships with college-based healthcare curriculum leaders and advisors, student organizations, instructors, etc. to promote EMS experience as an effective clinical experience to prepare students for medical careers upon graduation and/or assist with entry into post-graduate medical programs (i.e., pre-med, nursing, kinesiology, physician’s assistant, etc.).
- Sources students from high school and college programs for full-time and part-time employment.
- Participates in state educational conferences/meetings to promote the EMS career path.
- Assists High School Outreach Coordinator as needed.
- Outstanding written communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency in Google (Gmail, Docs, Sheets, etc.) and Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong knowledge of social media and other basic marketing platforms
- Detail-oriented with ability to work multiple projects simultaneously
- Friendly, enthusiastic personality
- Ability to travel overnight
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, public relations or a related field or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
- Sales and/or secondary education teaching experience preferred
- EMT certification preferred or willingness to obtain within 18 months of employment