|Job Title||IT Financial Analyst*|
|Location||Lafayette, LA*||*Position is based out of Lafayette, LA|
|Department||Corporate / Administrative & Support|
The Information Technology department at Acadian Ambulance has an immediate opening for a full-time IT Financial Analyst at the Lafayette, LA location. The candidate is responsible for all clerical duties for the IT department and will report to the Senior Director and other IT Directors.
As a key member of the IT Finance team, you will be the primary finance partner with IT leaders. The role will support all aspects of IT financial management, including expense analysis, month-end/quarter-end close, reporting & presenting results, annual budgeting, capital expenditure requests, and forecasting. You will deliver critical financial planning, analysis, and budgeting to department leaders and company executives. You will develop and produce reports on variance analysis, CAPEX spending, OPEX spending, and various KPIs. Reporting directly to senior IT leadership with a dotted line to Finance leadership, the IT Financial Analyst will focus strictly on the financial needs of the IT Department. This is the ideal position for a finance professional planning to pursue their MBA after 2 years.
This role includes, (1) Creating, maintaining, and updating reports, troubleshooting/resolving reports, (2) Answering finance process, reporting, and or system-related questions, (3) Financial support to cost center managers, including planning & forecasting project expenses/capital, business case financial modeling, and (4)Attending extended team meetings as the finance representative.
Duties and Responsibilities:
IT Finance Leadership
- Evaluate, develop, revise, and maintain IT Financial Portfolio Management policies, processes, procedures, practices, and tools to strengthen and improve the program.
- Collaborate with IT organizations on IT Total Cost of Ownership, financial metrics, and cost transparency initiatives.
- Identification and maintenance of the portfolio of applications and assets
- Use industry-standard IT financial models (Technology Business Management, TBM) to track expenses and consumption of IT resources.
- Determines cost of operations by establishing standard costs and collecting operational data.
Financial Reporting & Analysis
- Supports preparation of management reports, analyzes past and current financial performance, and responds to financial inquiries by gathering, analyzing, summarizing, and interpreting data.
- Improves financial status by analyzing results, monitoring variances, identifying trends, and recommending improvements to management.
- Convert monthly and quarterly detailed financial data into understandable reporting summaries, analysis, insights, and actionable recommendations to be used by IT Senior Management.
- Participate in key business initiatives, prepare "what - if" scenarios on certain business risk factors, break-even analysis, and perform benchmarking and other ad-hoc projects as necessary.
- Support the monthly forecast process and annual budget plan process in a manner that drives and supports the strategic imperatives of the business, leveraging the documented forecast process and timelines.
- Supports capital and operational expense planning and forecasting, asset disposition, and tracking of depreciation.
- Interfacing with the IT leadership team on all aspects of budget & financial analysis.
- Track contract renewals and initiate internal renewal discussions with the IT leadership team.
- Supports IT leadership team in managing documents through the redline/review process.
- Assists IT vendor leaders in the identification of key financial contract terms for tracking/reporting/analysis.
- Supports invoice review and approval process and tracking against contractual terms.
- Reconciles transactions by comparing and correcting data.
Other continuity of operations duties as assigned
- Must Have: Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance and/or Accounting
- Demonstrates independent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to balance the need to gather detail with the need to solve problems
- Able to articulate difficult ideas through concise communication
- Ability to identify & implement continuous processes improvements
- Ability to independently maintain high levels of continuous education
- Has solid MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) or Google Workspace (Sheets, Slides, Docs) experience
- Has 1+ years of experience with a focus in finance, preferred
- Experience creating complex reports using pivot tables, vlookups, sumifs, NPV/IRR, and other complex functions, or equivalent SQL querying and report building experience
- Accounting experience and knowledge of GAAP
- P&L and financial modeling experience
- Experience operating in a matrixed environment and interacting across levels and organizations
- Capital Planning and Investment Control (CPIC)
- Healthcare industry experience
- Salary Range: $55,000 to $65,000
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.