|Job Title||IT Security Intern*|
|Location||Lafayette, LA*||*Position is based out of Lafayette, LA|
|Department||Corporate / Administrative & Support|
Acadian Ambulance is currently seeking candidates for the IT Security Intern position located in Lafayette, LA (Remote Work is Not Available). This candidate will be responsible for assisting with the management and maintenance of security technologies while following HIPAA, PCI, and NIST standards.
Potential candidates should be prepared to commit to a working schedule of a minimum of 30 hours per two week period, Monday - Friday, between the hours of 8 am and 5 pm. We are looking for someone who would like a long-term internship, possible 18-24 months.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the implementation, management, and maintenance of information security technologies & Remote Monitoring Management software such as security information and event management systems, MFA, Endpoint configuration, endpoint patching, & endpoint vulnerability remediation
- Assist with regular and ongoing monitoring of and reporting on enterprise-wide compliance with information security and IT control standards and policies as needed.
- Assist with the development of technical documentation to support information technology deployments and configurations
- Provide project support for both IT and business initiatives requiring security services
- Other Operations Duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to learn technology principles and technologies
- Proficiency in troubleshooting and communicating technical issues
- Ability to continuously monitor the health of multiple technologies
- Actively contributes to their group in order to complete tasks, meet goals or manage projects
- Ability to provide excellent customer service
- Must be a student, actively pursuing a college degree with a background in Information Technology/Information Security or a related field
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.